How Important Are Welcome Bonuses
Casino promotional offers and incentives are marketing strategies game houses use to edge out their competition. But it remains one of the best ways to get a head start, especially if you are a newbie. There are different types of casino bonuses, each reserved for specific scenarios and conditions. The popular ones include welcome bonus, deposit bonus, no deposit bonus, vip casino bonus etc. As no two casinos are the same, the offerings and dynamics of the bonuses differ from one betting company to another. This article will discuss the importance of welcome bonuses and why you should always consider them before choosing a casino.
How does the welcome bonus work?
Welcome bonuses are special promotions that allow you to open an account with a bookmaker to receive a reward. However, to earn your welcome bonus, the betting company places wagering requirements – a requirement you must fulfill before you can claim your winnings. It can be 5X the bonus amount, 3X the bonus amount, or no requirement at all, depending on the casino. Below are some of the most popular types of welcome bonuses:
- Free spins: Free spin is the most popular type of welcome bonus. The betting company allows you to spin for free and rewards you with money.
- Bonus cash: some casinos provide free cash as part of their welcome bonus. However, it is often incorporated into a deposit bonus by multiplying your deposit by an amount, or the no deposit bonus. You can bet with this sum and withdraw your winnings.
- Free bets: some betting companies grant free bets and allow players to exchange them in sportsbooks instead of spending money within the casino. If you win, you keep the winnings, but the casino will recover the amount it gave for free.
- Risk-free bets: this type of bonus allows you to place a bet without risking any of your money. If you lose, you will recover the original wager. But if you win, you can keep the winnings.
- Combined bonuses: some betting companies allow gamblers a chance to get two bonuses at once. For example, when you make your first deposit, the website can double your money and grant free slot spins for certain games.
A welcome bonus is the first impression a player gets from a casino. As a result, they often target new players that have never joined the website. Below are four use cases of welcome bonuses:
Gives a head start
Consider this scenario – two friends arrive in a city. One gets a special invite from the mayor to tour the city while the other wasn’t invited. Who do you think will have the most memorable first day between the two? The casino welcome bonus provides a leg up that allows you to grasp the fundamentals of the game, even while trying to achieve work-life balance and gaming. It is an opportunity to win something, with a minimized risk of losing a large amount of money.
Ability to try out different games
What types of beer tastes best? Free beer. A casino bonus provides an opportunity to try out different games, with little or no risk. Depending on the type of bonus, you can try a game, learn the rules, and know if it matches your needs. You can also bet on different events without worrying about losing your money.
Earn Money for free
The most intriguing part of a welcome bonus is that it allows you to earn real money and withdraw or spend it on other events. For example, a deposit bonus rewards you with more money when you make qualifying deposits via cryptocurrency or other means. The casino can double or even quadruple your original amount. As you know, a higher stake reduces your risk and increases your payout. Therefore, you can achieve more for less. On the other hand, a welcome bonus like free spins or no deposit bonus allows you to earn money without risking any capital. Therefore, even if you don’t want to deposit, there is still a possibility of winning.
Specific event advantage
Some welcome bonuses are tied to specific teams or events. For example, some are available throughout the year, while some are only active for a few days. Betting companies that offer such bonuses grant offerings like a 100% cashback bonus, an opportunity to earn your stake if it goes south.
How to withdraw casino welcome bonus
As mentioned, there are conditions and wagering requirements you must meet before you can cash out your welcome bonus. Although the casino uses the bonuses to welcome new players, no one gives anything for free with no attachment. Therefore, visit the website’s bonus terms and conditions section to know if you qualify for the offer and requirements. Not only this, but also check the withdrawal terms, so you don’t waste your time.
A casino welcome bonus is a great way to understand casino gameplay without risking your money. Therefore, it is most beneficial if you’re playing the game for the first time and need to learn how it works. But be careful and avoid casinos that provide excessive bonuses without any conditions or wagering requirements, as they often turn out to be scammers. Instead, do your research and use the gift to enhance your chances of earning real money.